Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rotary Begins At Home

I thought I would keep a log of my journey to District Governor. This is the first post but I should have started it about a year ago. That is when I was selected to serve in 2009-2010. So then what? At first, I felt as if I were in a fog, not knowing what was supposed to happen next or knowing what or if I was supposed to be doing something.

In Oct. it was off to Zone where I'd meet my classmates for the first time and begin the road of training that begins 3 years prior to your DG year. This would be my first taste of the awesome responsibility but fun of being a DG.

Zone was in Myrtle Beach and our class seemed to connect on all levels. We were vocal, aggressive, and had great spirit. Was this because we had no idea what we were doing?? I know I was basically overwhelmed with all the training. There were some that seemed to know "everything". Then there was me. A deer in headlights comes to mind.

No comments: